<< Back to Careers
Private: AP Specialist
Posted on: April 11th, 2018
Completes payments and controls expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices. Assists with bank reconciliation, creating financial statements and licensing agreements.
Accounts Payable Clerk Job Duties:
- Reconciles processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
- Charges expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries.
- Pays vendors by monitoring invoices; verifying federal ID numbers; scheduling and preparing checks; resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation; insuring credit is received for outstanding memos; issuing stop-payments or purchase order amendments.
- Reimburses employees by receiving and verifying expense reports and requests for advances; preparing checks.
- Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
- Process monthly commission reports and issue commission payment to sales reps.
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Maintains historical records by filing documents.
- Reconciles company’s credit cards monthly.
- Reports sales taxes by calculating requirements on paid invoices.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Ability to read, analyze and create financial statements.
- Review, register and monitor company’s licensing agreements. Issue payment per agreed upon terms and conditions.
Skills, Qualifications, Requirements:
Attention to Detail, Thoroughness, Organization, Analyzing Information, Accounting, Vendor Relationships, PC Proficiency, Data Entry Skills, General Math Skills.
2-4 years of prior AP experience
Experience in MS Excel required, NAVI ERP system knowledge a plus
AS/BA Degree in Accounting or Finance required
ADP ledger system experience a plus.